Wednesday, July 13, 2011

June 13th, 2011 Update

Hello Everyone,
Many of you have already heard that Lindsey suffered a massive seizure
yesterday morning around 10a.  She was brushing her teeth, Josh had gone to work
and her sister was sitting with her in the room.  Her Mom heard her fall and
rushed in while her sister ran next door.  Their neighbor is an oncology nurse
and Lindsey’s friend.  They were able to administer the shots with anti-seizure
medication, call Josh, and call hospice.
 Mark and I were in St. George when we received the call.
She experienced several more seizures throughout the day.
The hospice nurses were really good and got her set up with oxygen, IV,
medications, etc.  It was a very long day for Lindsey and the family but I just
came from being with Josh and Lindsey today at lunch and though tired and weak
she is doing much better.
There haven’t been any seizures today.  While I was there she wanted her notebook to write in
and when Josh was being helpful and writing what had happened today she gave him that look
that says “I was trying to do that”!
I told her about being in Zions National Park and doing the hike
we all did together in 2009. I told her about taking an honorary platypus
picture (Jenny, Lindsey, and I took one in 2009 and it’s one of my favorites)
She smiled and looked at me deeply. She isn’t able to speak yet but was
trying. I told her we would all go again in the fall. Another big smile. It
made my heart happy.
She drew Josh close and kissed him several times and wanted him to hold her hand.
I think these are very big improvements over what we experienced yesterday.
As I was leaving I told her I loved her and would be back later.
She waved goodbye to me.  Another good sign.
Please keep her in your prayers.  I posted the event yesterday on FB
because that’s all I was able to do mobile.  I will keep you posted as I’m able
with her progress.  I know we all have a interest in what happens here.  It has
been a journey to be sure.  A friend of mine posted this and I feel it’s
appropriate to share with you.
“When the Japanese mend broken objects, they
aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when
something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.”
~Barbara Bloom
I’m not inferring that Lindsey’s broken by any means, but that our experience with
Lindsey’s journey and being able to share in it with her and Joshua have made our
lives more beautiful.  We are filling in our broken bits with the gold of knowing her
and having her in our lives.  And truth be told, Lindsey is one of the most beautiful
people I have ever known.
With love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment